CDRI works to produce independent, objective, high quality policy-relevant development research, to maximise its accessibility to policy makers, influencers and stakeholders and to have it affect policy in five interrelated areas that are key for Cambodia’s sustainable development:
- Policy Research in Agriculture and Rural Development
- Development Economics and Trade
- Educational Research and Innovation
- Natural Resource and Environment
- Governance and Inclusive Society
CDRI undertakes its programmes and projects in partnership with Cambodian government institutions and their international development partners, other research and tertiary education institutions and civil society organisations. It disseminates its research knowledge and products through a number of communication strategies: conferences, workshops, seminars, broadcast media, print media, library collection and information sharing, small group communication and interpersonal communication.
CDRI is located in the suburb of Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. At end of December 2020, it has 71 staff including management, professional and technical staff, administrative and support staff, all of them are Cambodian. It has a strong commitment to the capacity development and professional skills of its staff, many of whom, after being trained at CDRI, go on to contribute to other Cambodian and international organisations involved in their country’s development.
Our Vision for Cambodia
CDRI is an independent and resilient centre of research excellence for innovative ideas to influence policy that impacts on Cambodia’s development.
Inclusive and sustainable development through independent policy research and developing capacity.
CDRI’s mission is to generate high quality, influential and impactful knowledge through policy research and capacity development to contribute to Cambodia’s prosperity.
Our Core Values: MERIT
- We create the professional conditions that nurture merit.
- We foster excellence, as a professional and personal habit.
- We practice a culture of respect and responsibility.
- We pledge to live and act with independence and integrity.
- We build deep trust and transparency, capable of achieving the mission and vision of the Institute.