Position: Research Associate
Centre for Policy Research in Agriculture and Rural Development
|Application Deadline:||25 Dec 23|
|Days left:||22 days|
CDRI—Cambodia’s leading independent development policy research institute working to produce high quality, influential and impactful development knowledge through policy research and capacity development, is seeking ambitious and highly qualified Cambodian nationals for the position of Research Associate to be based in the Centre for Policy Research in Agriculture and Rural Development (CPARD).
The main purpose of the position
Research Associate works independently (or in a team), contributing to initiating, implementing, and managing policy-relevant and high-quality research projects and policy engagement activities in line with the Institute’s strategy.
- To take part in the implementation of research projects/programs (methodology and conceptualisation, fieldwork management, data analysis, writing reports, publications, and dissemination activities).
- To contribute to the Center’s strategy development and implementation of work plan and budget.
- To mentor and supervise junior researchers and team members.
- To build and sustain relations and strategic partnerships building with government counterparts, donors, researchers, and other stakeholders to foster collaboration, generate and share learning, raise the profile and attract new potential funding.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- A master’s or other advanced degree in economics, agricultural economics, development economics, or other related fields.
- At least two years of experience in research or research-related fields.
- Proven track record of policy-oriented, political, and socio-economic research and advanced economic analysis publications.
- Expertise in qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies.
- Knowledge of statistics, familiarity with STATA or other data management and analytical packages (preferable).
- Strong analytical and communication skills, experience in mentoring, and commitment to professional development of young researchers.
- Comprehensive understanding of socioeconomic and political development in Cambodia and the region.
- Commitment to policy research and research capacity development in Cambodia.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Khmer, both oral and written.
CDRI provides a competitive remuneration package to staff commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to attractive salary, we also provide other benefits, including separation pay, seniority indemnity, pension, medical and accidence insurance, support for staff capacity building plan, and annual performance review and promotion.
For further details about this post and CDRI, please refer to the CDRI website: http://www.cdri.org.kh. Application letter, detailed CV, sample publications and list of three professional referees (names, post and e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) must be received by the HR and Administration Unit, CDRI, P.O. Box 622, Phnom Penh Cambodia, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 December 2023.